The primary goal of release 7.3 is to provide a comprehensive
environment that encompasses the file system as well as the kernel. This
build system is not part of the release but can be checked out the the
repository. As a result, the kernel
build process has changed.
We also enabled support for handhelds.org's
README.txt - Details enhancements for this release, distribution
contents, and known issues.
License.pdf - Intel Open Source License
Release Contents - download
- README.txt - see above
- License.pdf - see above
- images - files that can be loaded directly onto the Stargate
- bootldr - the boot loader image with suspend / resume and TFTP.
This boot loader is derived from handhelds build 2.21.13 and assumes
a PXA architecture. It cannot be loaded from a release 6 or earlier
boot loader because the magic numbers do not match. If you have an
older boot loader you must load the release 7 boot loader through
JTag the first time.
- zImage - Linux kernel - this kernel will work with release 6 boot
- root.jffs2 - the root file system with modules - do not load
- src - the source required to generate the images
- IMPORTANT.txt - a note about building the kernel
- patch-2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2-star7.3 - Linux patch
- pwcx-2.3.20.o.bin - binary for Philips webcams
- root_star7.3.tgz - the tarred root file system
- bootldr7.1.tgz - the bootldr source
Fixes and Additions